BTIG Webcast: The Rise of the Delta Variant, What Comes Next, and Implications for the Healthcare Market
The BTIG webcast, The Rise of the Delta Variant, What Comes Next, and Implications for the Healthcare Market took place on Thursday, September 9, 2021. The event discussed the prevalence of the Delta variant, the impact on healthcare and the longer-term outlook for COVID. The webcast was hosted by David Larsen, CFA, Healthcare IT and Digital Health Analyst, and Marie Thibault, Medical Technology and Digital Health Analyst.
Discussion Topics Included:
- The prevalence of the Delta Variant, the rise in number of cases, and the longer-term outlook for COVID,
- The severity of the variant, effectiveness of the vaccines, the need for booster shots, and implications for testing,
- The impact of hospitalizations, office visits, and demand on the acute care and ambulatory channels,
- Hospital preparedness, the need for personal protective equipment, and increase in demand for remote patient monitoring,
- The potential resurgence of tele-health visits, and possible impact to in-person visits, remote patient monitoring and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
The webcast was produced by BTIG’s Corporate Access program which hosts client events across the consumer, energy and infrastructure, financials, healthcare, real estate as well as technology, media, and telecommunications sectors.
This information was prepared for BTIG, LLC institutional clients. The information contained herein has been gathered from multiple sources and is believed to be reliable. However, BTIG, LLC has not independently verified the accuracy of the content and does not make any representations as to the accuracy or completeness of this information. The information is subject to change without notice and BTIG, LLC has no obligation to provide any updates or changes. BTIG, LLC is providing this data for informational purposes and does not believe that it is sufficient to base an investment decision on. This information should not be regarded as a solicitation or recommendation of any particular security or to engage in any trading strategy. BTIG, LLC does and may seek to do business, including investment banking and/or other capital markets business, with companies which are the subject of Corporate Access services.