Amazon’s Push Into Healthcare – Assessing the Impact for Tele-Health, Services and Bricks & Mortar
BTIG hosted a webcast “Amazon’s Push Into Healthcare – Assessing the Impact for Tele-Health, Services and Bricks & Mortar” on Thursday, March 25, 2021. The event featured industry leaders who discussed Amazon’s expansion into healthcare and the impact it will have on tele-health, services and healthcare real estate. The webcast was hosted by:
- David Larsen, CFA, BTIG Healthcare IT and Digital Health Analyst
- Michael Gorman, BTIG REIT Analyst
Discussion Topics Included:
- Amazon’s expansion into healthcare, the odds of success and the need for ‘covered’ vs. concierge care
- The impact of Amazon and tele-health on retail locations and services including clinics, drug stores, and medical offices
- Utilization rates and reimbursement for tele-health as we enter into a “new normal” post pandemic
- Satisfaction levels of Teladoc and American Well, the threat of Epic and Zoom and the demand outlook
- Direct to consumer tele-health and the outlook for Life MD, and demand from primary care medicine
- Utilization rates of healthcare real-estate, the demand for bricks and mortar and the impact on square footage of facility space
- The longer-term impact on demand for healthcare real-estate, owned vs. lease vs work-from home options
The conference was produced by BTIG’s Corporate Access program which hosts client events across the consumer, energy and infrastructure, financials, healthcare, real estate as well as technology, media, and telecommunications sectors.
This information was prepared for BTIG, LLC institutional clients. The information contained herein has been gathered from multiple sources and is believed to be reliable. However, BTIG, LLC has not independently verified the accuracy of the content and does not make any representations as to the accuracy or completeness of this information. The information is subject to change without notice and BTIG, LLC has no obligation to provide any updates or changes. BTIG, LLC is providing this data for informational purposes and does not believe that it is sufficient to base an investment decision on. This information should not be regarded as a solicitation or recommendation of any particular security or to engage in any trading strategy. BTIG, LLC does and may seek to do business, including investment banking and/or other capital markets business, with companies which are the subject of Corporate Access services.